Last modified: 1st December 2020
Our procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information are designed to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Applied General Data Protection Regulation 2018/EU679 (GDPR) and all other regulations applying to personal data use.
Our Privacy Principles
Hyperspheric is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we collect and use your information.
- We will collect and use your information only as instructed by the Data Controller.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held, complying with Article 28.
The categories of data we process
Under instruction from the data controller, we process:
- Personal details.
- Family details.
- Lifestyle and social circumstances.
- Employment and education details.
- Under Article 9 of the DPA 2018 we will only collect and use special categories of data under instruction from the Data Controller who will use this information to fulfil their public duty. This processing is purely under Article 28 of the DPA.
Data we collect
As instructed by the Data Controller, to ensure the technical functioning and security of the processing as we perform for the Data Controller, and to improve the processing over time, we may collect the following types of information:
- Your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications.
- Log information - When you access GO 4 Schools, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web requests, pages you visit, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications related to GO 4 Schools, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links - GO 4 Schools may present hyperlinks in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our product.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|GO 4 Schools site remember email address||
|These cookies are used to securely record a user's email address so that it can be remembered on the login page.|
|GO 4 Schools site settings||
|These cookies are used to record and persist choices made by the user when viewing tabular and graphical data within our site.|
|GO 4 Schools site settings||goAttendanceAutoReturn||This cookie is used to record and persist choices made by the user when entering attendance marks.|
|GO 4 Schools authentication token||GO.AuthToken||This cookie is essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without this cookie, the service you have asked for cannot be provided.|
|ASP.NET Session ID||ASP.NET_SessionId||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without this cookie, the service you have asked for cannot be provided.||Visit the Microsoft website|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Microsoft Azure Application Insights||
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Microsoft Azure|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Use of session storage by GO 4 Schools
Session storage is a mechanism that allows a website to ask your web browser (Chrome, Edge, etc) to temporarily – and securely – store information for later use during the same browsing session. The information is automatically deleted (by the web browser) when the browsing session ends.
We use session storage to hold information to be displayed to the user during the browsing session. Personal information in the categories identified above may be held, but this information is automatically deleted (by the user's web browser) when the user's browser session ends.
Use of local storage by GO 4 Schools
Local storage is similar to session storage (see above) but it is not automatically deleted when a browsing session ends.
We use local storage to enhance the experience for users by recording display preferences. No personal information is held and no information is communicated to our servers or to any third-party.
The table below details the local storage we use.
|terminologies||School settings for lookup-lists|
|School settings for displaying year group data||A different entry may appear for each year group.|
|School settings for displaying subject data||A different entry may appear for each subject.|
|User preference for saved charts||A different entry may appear for each school, year group and chart type.|
|User preference for charts they are designing||A different entry may appear for each school, year group and chart type.|
|User preference for remembering charts|
|User preference for columns to be displayed in table||A different entry may appear for each page and table.|
|User preferences for pathfinder menu||A different entry may appear for each school|
|useFullWidth||User preference for displaying content at full page width|
|DisplaySmallText||User preference for text size in tables|
How we process data
The GO 4 Schools system processes data provided by Data Controllers to allow them to:
- Make data about a student available to the student and their parents/guardians to support the student's education.
- Make data about students available to school/academy staff to help them support students' education and to work more efficiently.
- Make aggregated data about students (containing no user-identifiable data) available to their Governing Bodies and/or Multi-Academy Trusts to help them support students' education.
We will also use anonymised data (containing no user-identifiable information) for:
- Producing statistical analyses to help us improve our service and to support schools and academies by helping them fulfil their public duties more effectively.
- Producing information about GO 4 Schools for prospective customers and for Data Controllers who want to share information about GO 4 Schools with their staff, students, parents of students, etc.
The basis on which data is processed
- Hyperspheric acts as a Data Processor and the school/academy transferring data to us acts as a Data Controller.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without instruction from the Data Controller, except where disclosure is:
- Necessary to enforce our rights, including under the GO 4 Schools Terms and Conditions.
- Necessary to enforce our rights under any other Terms and Conditions.
- Required or permitted by law.
- Sub-processors - Hyperspheric will not sub-contract any processing to third parties without the school/academy's written consent.
- Cross-border transfers - Hyperspheric does not transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless the data is being accessed by a GO 4 Schools user outside the EEA.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Hyperspheric employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If a school ends their GO 4 Schools subscription, data held within the live system will be:
- Anonymised within four weeks of cancellation.
- Deleted within sixteen weeks of cancellation.
Backups of data containing user-identifiable information will be deleted within 6 months.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines several rights. More information about these rights, including the conditions under which they apply, can be found here.
You have the right to:
- Ask for access to, or rectification or erasure of your data.
- Restrict processing (pending correction or deletion).
- Object to communications or direct marketing.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You should address such requests to your school/academy which acts as the Data Controller.
None of the data within the GO 4 Schools system is subject to the right for data portability.
GO 4 Schools does not carry out any profiling or automated decision making with a "legal or similarly significant effect"
Questions and complaints
Hyperspheric Solutions Ltd
Cambridge CB24 9AD
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Hyperspheric's policy to contact the complainant regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Hyperspheric and an individual.