Support setting, organisation and monitoring consistency
The GO 4 Schools Homework module expands the range of information shared with parents and students as well as giving a real insight into the quality and range of learning set for completion outside the classroom.
Why use GO 4 Schools to support your Homework Policy?
Encouraging students of all ages to develop their skills as lifelong learners is a core educational value across schools.
Independent learning supports organisation skills, self-reliance as well as allowing students to practise and embed their learning away from school.
However in practice 'homework' is often inconsistently set across teaching groups, can lack a learning focus or is not pitched to the student's ability.
The GO 4 Schools Homework module is a solution to tracking and monitoring the quality of homework set in your school, as well as being an online organisational support for both parents and students to clearly see a schedule of set tasks.
Why use an Online Homework module?
The GO 4 Schools homework module has been developed directly from schools' requests to utilise the core functionality to have a greater impact on the quality of Learning and Teaching.
The success of our Parental engagement module
has enabled schools to have greater communication between parents and students across a range of key data, including student progress, attendance and behaviour.
Easy online access has received positive feedback from parents and students, so the Homework module expands on a data overview for a student to now show a schedule of set homework tasks to support student organisation and parents' support of the learning process.
Online access for teachers allows tasks to be set from home, making planning more convenient and done alongside the wealth of student data held in GO 4 Schools.
Key features and benefits:
- Homework can be set up in advance and linked to Schemes of Learning so parents and students can see upcoming tasks and teachers can embed into to their lesson planning.
- Ad-hoc homework can be quickly entered where topics may need to be revisited for a group or specific learners.
- Homework is assigned to specific students within a class giving the teacher the ability to set core and extension tasks to make homework clearly differentiated.
- Set homework by topic, content, submission date and guidance time for completion. A detailed description can be added so students can access specific instructions of the tasks set.
- Homework tasks can include attached worksheets, links to websites and VLE's to support students' learning.
- The student and parent view, with the Parental engagement module includes: topic title, a task description, linked documents or websites, time guidance for completion, date set and due date.
- Teachers, subject leaders, mentors and SLT can view homework to track consistency in setting tasks.
- Homework statistics and overview available in the Markbook pop-outs so teachers can see and overview of current homework tasks across the curriculum and within their subject to support setting and planning.
- School Leaders can see homework statistics to check the consistency of homework setting across cohorts, subjects, groups and individual students and use this for a more focussed approach to quality assurance of the tasks and completion via the year group explorers. This enables the data to be filtered by key focus groups, attendance and behaviour to view a fuller picture of patterns in independent learning.
- Individual student overview of homework is useful at parents' evenings to link to student progress and barriers to learning.
- Excellent aid for form tutors and mentors to support students who are a key focus for intervention.
The Homework module is suitable for all phases of education to show:
- Setting homework to encourage the use of third party curriculum learning websites.
- Sample assessment papers for a range of external examinations i.e. Literacy and Numeracy tests, or GCSE, BTEC examinations.
- Continuity of secondary homework across the curriculum in line with the schools homework timetable and policy.
- Front loading post-16 lessons to develop levels of curiosity and investigation.
- Setting targets for extra learning i.e. accelerated reading projects/competitions.
- Termly project based homework tasks, enabling scaffolding of learning outcomes and skills.
- Primary school parents reading tasks and support information to encourage regular reading with their child.
- Primary school parental help sheets for phonics work when reading with their child.
- Publish weekly spelling tests and grammar work for both students and parents.
The homework module gives schools a range of added functionality alongside online markbooks,
progress reports and parental engagement. GO 4 Schools is a powerful system that does not only record and generate statistics but impacts directly on depth of communication between the school,
students and parents; all working towards success.
GO 4 Schools is supplied as a managed service, charged annually. The annual price depends on the size of your school and the modules you select.
You can read more about pricing on our Pricing page, or contact us using the GO 4 Schools enquiry form.
Student and Parent Homework schedule
Mentors, form tutors, students and parents can see a clear overview of current homework tasks and historical set tasks. Important information to help your students includes completion due date and guidance times for completion to establish planning skills for positive independent learning outcomes.
Subject leaders can quickly see an overview of homework set across teaching groups to ensure consistency and appropriate timescales linked to student ability.
SLT can easily monitor that homework set matches the school policy and homework timetable.
Links to other GO 4 Schools modules
The Homework module provides information on pre-planned and ad-hoc set tasks to enable:
- Homework pop outs in the online markbooks to show: total student homeworks set in the subject, homework due and total homework across the curriculum
- In the core functionality homework data can be viewed alongside progress data, attendance and behaviour to give detailed analysis and potential intervention requirements.
- In the core functionality homework data can be analysed using the chart functionality across focus groups to enable schools to make strategic plans to support pupil premium and SEND students etc.
- Homework overview can be viewed in the Parental engagement module.
Future developments will arrive to link the homework module intuitively to the online markbooks, reports and detailed analysis data within Go 4 Schools.
Schools who have purchased the Homework module will automatically receive these updates as they become live.
Work smarter and accelerate your improvement with GO 4 Schools.